Monday, April 4, 2016

Be Careful What You Ask For




 Sora Andrus, Sora Vann, Sora Nicol
  
Buna Everyone!

This week was by far the craziest week we've had so far! Its funny because at the beginning of the week Sister Nicol wrote in her journal about how nothing crazy had happened to us yet...

So Monday was sad because the Portuguese left us. Then that night we decided to do a district inventory because the Elders in our district have had some problems getting along. It ended up being a super awesome experience ! We each went around and gave everyone in our district a sincere compliment. There were a good amount of tears and lots of love in the room, it was exactly what the elders needed. 
Wednesday I think takes the prize this week for being the craziest day. It started off with us doing our weekly service and we got the job of cleaning toilets in a girls residents building. While we were doing that the fire alarm went off because that day they were checking all the fire alarms in all the buildings. Afterwards we felt pretty gross and couldn't wait to go shower. On our way back we joke about how awful it would be if they check our buildings fire alarm while we were in the showers. That didn't end up happening, but we did mange to lock ourselves out of our room after showering. We were all pretty much in towels so I called down to the front desk with the phone in the hall. They asked us to send someone else down to get our key. Luckily lovely sister Baity was willing to go down and get that for us. As she was leaving the fire alarm starts to go off in our building and they make the announcement "Men will be coming in the building, please make sure you are appropriately dressed". We start like laugh crying because we are like of course this would happen, and we have no idea what to do. Luckily the Brazilians came to our rescue and sister ludlum quickly stuck her head out of her room and yelled Soras! Come get clothes! So we run in there and throw on random clothes and headed outside. We eventually did get into our room but we were a half hour late to class. That afternoon we got to host (welcome the new missionaries) and that was super awesome. We also got our new Portuguese elders and sisters, and they are awesome. 

Thursday was another crazy day. Every night we go around and give hugs to all the girls since we are the sister training leaders. We go into the new portuguese sisters room and one of them is just sobbing. We start talking to her and realize that she wants to go home. She is shaking, she hasn't slept, she hasnt eaten anything really since getting here. We talk to her and try to calm her down. We decided that she really needed a priesthood blessing. So I call down to the office to ask them to call our zone leaders. Its like 5 minutes after lights out so they tell me they cant call them and our options are to calm her down ourselves or bring her down to the office and have her call the district president. I was so mad. We ended up taking her down to the office and talking to several people including her parents. We didn't end up going to bed till 1:30 so it was a long night, but worth it. The whole night I felt the spirit so strong and I could feel how much Heavenly Father loved   and cared for that sister. I knew she was Heavenly Father's choice spirit daughters. It was an amazing experience to be able to feel that so strongly.

Needless to say we were all dead tried the next morning. We thought we could take a nap in the morning because the elders were teaching but we weren't. When we told our teacher what happened she said we couldn't go take a nap and I just started crying because I was so tired and frustrated. After that I was just really unhappy and complaining and stuff. Then as a district we read 1 Nephi 2 and talked about how Nephi and Lamen an Lemuel did the same things but they did it with different attitudes and that made all the difference. It was a very humbling experience for me. I felt like Heavenly Father was saying to me "Where is your faith that I will take care of you? stop complaining and being mean." So I said sorry to my companions and the elders and put my attitude in check and my day got a ton better. 

General Conference was so freakin awesome! I felt the spirit so strongly and definitely heard things that Heavenly Father wanted me to hear. My favorite talks were definitely President Uchtdorf and Elder Hollands! But I really like what one of the sisters said that the Holy Ghost teaches us in the way we learn best. I thought that was so cool and juts testifies that Heavenly Father loves and knows each of us personally. Sunday night we actually got to watch Vocal Point perform so that was awesome! Anyway I think that's everything! I love all of you guys! I know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of you and He will take care of you if you put your trust in him! Te Iubesc! 

Love Sora Vann   







                                                                                                 


                                                                                                           


The Elders have had a hard day!                                                                                                            Silly Elders!




No comments:

Post a Comment