Sunday, May 1, 2016

All in God's Plan

So the Friday before I left for Romania I decided to go to the Health Clinic in the MTC because my ear had been hurting and I thought I might have an ear infection. So I went and they couldn't really tell and there was wax in the way and all this other stuff so they decided to just send me to an ENT. 

Luckily I was able to get into see an ENT that afternoon. There the ENT told me that it wasn't infection but that a small piece of synthetic material called silastic that had been placed behind my eardrum in a previous surgery was coming out of my eardrum. He pulled the rest of it out and there was a pretty sizable hole left behind. He told that they would need to watch it to make sure it would close up on its own and three days (the time before I left for Romania) was not enough time to do it. I started crying as we continued to discuss specifics. He called my companions back from the waiting room and they were of course very bewilder when they saw me crying. He explained to them the situation and there was lots of hugging and crying (mostly me). I was definitely glad I had them there as my support. 

We got back to the MTC and had to talk to like two or three more people with lots of waiting in-between but eventually it came down to that they wanted to send me home the next day to heal up and get better. They would send me straight off to Romania once my doctor at home cleared me. So we told our Elders later that night and it was a tough "see ya later". I asked Varstnicul Wilstead to give me a blessing and that was of course wonderful. I could feel how much they all loved me and how they were sad to see me have to deal with this. We took some pictures and sang some hymns and had our goodbyes, and then we left to go pack. I spent the rest of the night packing and then my surori dropped me off at the travel center the next morning at 6:00am. That was a very tearful goodbye. But I know I will get to see them again :)

Its been hard being home. Sometimes I don't what to do with myself and it's hard studying the language by myself. The Lord has definitely been helping me to handle the situation and has given me a lot of peace through this hard time. I know the Lord has a plan of me and I might not like it at first but I know his plan is better than anything I could come up with. I love you all and I will keep the blog updated about what's going on with everything! Va iubesc! 
Love Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment