Monday, March 27, 2017


Literally, so much happened this week.

Monday, I lost my companion for about an hour, don't worry I eventually found her again :) She got off at the wrong bus stop and I didn't notice and she had the phone...oops. Also,  I forgot to mention this, but Sunday Sora Gleason cut my hair for me :) She was utterly terrified, but she did a great job.  

Talking pictures at Erika's
Tuesday, Sora Gleason and I went and visited Erika for the last time together :( It was super fun. We took lots of pictures together and Erika even made us biscuits! They were so yummy. It was her first time ever eating/making biscuits. 

Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the other sisters in Cluj, and it was super fun. I went with Sora Simmons (who is my new companion by the way!). Wednesday night, all four of us got on a sleeper train to go to zone conference at 1 am. MY FIRST SLEEPER TRAIN. It was like straight out of a movie or something, it was great! Six little beds in one little room, three on each side of the wall. Luckily there was only one other person in the room with us and it was another college aged girl. We all kinda got settled on our beds when the train worker came in, looks at us, and says "Don't you guys need sheets?". We were all like -  oh yeah those would be nice. It was quite the experience. 

Thursday, was Zone Conference in Timisoara; which is one of the most beautiful cities and a lot of sisters never get to go there because they only have Elders there right now. Also, it was my 10 months in the country mark! Zone Conference was awesome as usual and we even had some time afterwards before our train left to look around the city (and luckily grab some food). We took another sleeper train back and got home at 2 in the morning. Needless to say we were tired the next day.

Another picture of Timisoara
Selfie in Timisoara 
Friday, was a very long day as well, because that night after games night we (the Elders, Robert, and I) ended up taking Sora Gleason to a public hospital ER. No there were no broken bones this time (shout out to Sora Jerez), and she is doing okay now.  She had fallen asleep on the couch in the church while the rest of us were playing games. After she woke up, she comes and tells me she can't breathe. She was having a really hard time breathing because she has been sick. After a little bit of time, she was doing a lot better but we just wanted to make sure she would be okay. I mostly just spent my time in the waiting room with Elder Broberg and their investigator/my friend, Robert talking, because they wouldn't let me go back with her. They decided that she had just pulled a muscle in her chest from all the coughing she has been doing. She is doing better now though :)
Saying goodbye at the train station 

Saying goodbye at the train station 
Sunday, we forgot about daylights saving time, and get a text from the other sisters asking where the heck we were, and ended up being late to church...oops. The Elders were late too, so it's fine :P Sunday night, I said a tearful said goodbye to Sora Gleason as I put her on a sleeper train; that they almost got kicked off of because the Office Elders bought the wrong tickets (it's a long story), but they did make it okay in the end. A ton of people were at the gara to say goodbye to Sora Gleason and Sora Falkenberg, which was super nice. 

That's my crazy week in a nutshell. This next week is going to be so awesome with Sora Simmons :) I love you all! Have a great week! 
 Sora Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment