Monday, March 13, 2017

The Joy of the Gospel!!

All the Cluj Missionaries and Teo inside the Salt Mine
This week is a little hard for me to write because I found out today that one of my closest friends has decided to push the gospel and God completely out of his life (and me with it). I had already planned on titling my weekly "The Joy of the Gospel" before I read his email, because of a guy we met this week block knocking. He told us what we were trying to share with people is all fairy tales and lies. That there is no God and we are wasting our time. As we walked away from his door, I just felt so sad for this man. I have felt so much peace and joy in my life from knowing that I am a beloved daughter of God. That He loves me more than I can imagine and watches over me. He knows me personally, and He is concerned for my happiness. Even in my darkest moments, I have been able to hold on to this knowledge and make it through whatever I'm going through. I am sad to be losing a friend and I'm also very sad that he is choosing to push this great source of joy out of his life.
Hanging out in the Salt Mine

Other things that happened this week: 
A member feed us chicken hearts - I was mid-chew when she told us what it was....My companion and I both felt a little sick afterwards, wasn't a fan.

Our Gang at the Salt Mine
Maria, one of my favorite people in Cluj :) (she has been investigating the church since she was 7 with her family and now she is almost 18) has decided to pray about baptism :) We talked with her about it and went over the interview questions with her and she can pass with flying colors, but she doesn't feel ready yet. So we invited her to pray about it and she said yes :) 

Looking down the Salt Mine - so cool!
Sora Gleason got sick on Saturday so we missed the Sora Simmon's mini birthday party but that's okay (she's feeling better now). 

We went to the Salt mines today with all the missionaries in Cluj and Teo, and it was super fun!





I think that's it. I hope you guys have a great week! I love you lots! 
Love,



 Sora Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment