Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Baba Babelor


This has been a fun last week. I still can't believe I'm going to be going home. Anyways...


Sora Mesco, me and Ileana
So, we had a fun lesson with Ileana this week. Well the fun part was more after the lesson because we taught her about the law of chastity. Glad I won't ever have to teach one of those again! But while we talked, her daughter Daria, started playing with scarfs and put them on a like the old ladies here do (or a baba). She ended up roping us all in eventually, and she called herself Baba Babelor;  which means the "baba of babas." Sora Roberts and I were laughing so hard! That was the phrase of this week; seeing as it was my last week, I truly am the baba of babas (the oldest sister in the mission). Ileana and Andrei are still planning on getting married in December, which is sad but people have their agency. She is still one of my favorite people from my mission, and I know that she will get baptized and do great things. I love her so much. 
Baba Babelor

We went and visited Cristina Borbea and her family this week, twice. The first time was to have a lesson with them. When we got there Sora Borbea asked us why did we come in skirts, how were we supposed to help do service. So we came back the next day in jeans :)  

One last picture with Cristina and Cats
We had a taco party this Saturday instead of game night. Most of our friends had never had a taco! Craziness!! They also taught us how to do some Romanian dances :) It was a ton of fun. 
Me, Sora Roberts, Alexanda and Emma Miron

One more visit with George
George came and visited us on Saturday and Sunday. He wanted to come for my last testimony, which ended up being a talk, because the member that was supposed to speak couldn't do it. I got a phone call Saturday if I could give a talk instead of just my testimony. So that was fun....but it went well. A lot of members thanked me for my service and all that I have done here in Brasov. That meant a lot to me. I love these people so much. 

Sora Roberts found out that she will be going back to Mihai Bravu after I leave, so we both have been packing all of our stuff and our apartment is small. So that has been a little crazy. We also have to clean it really well because no one will be living there for 5 weeks.  
Crazy Packing!

I'm not going to try to sum up my mission or all that I feel about it in an email, but I am so grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve, especially here in Romania. It will always have a special place in my heart. I'm so grateful for this gospel and my savior Jesus Christ. I know there were definitely some moments in my mission where I couldn't have done it with him helping me. I love you all! Thank you all for your love and support! I will see you all soon! 
Worn Out Sandals

Love,

 Sora Vann 

No comments:

Post a Comment