Monday, September 11, 2017

Our phone is a transformer.....

A Romanian piata! (market)
So our phone has been dropped one too many times and so now apparently to people who we talk to, it sounds like there are transformers on our phone. We are working on getting a new one, but it might take a while.....#mission-life.

I honestly have no idea what to write about this week because I may have lost my planner; which I am really sad about and feel a little lost without it. Hopefully I can find it today! 

We really pushed member missionary work this week with all the members we visited and they all seemed to be excited about it.  So hopefully that really starts to take off :) Member missionary work is where people who are members of our church share what they believe and love with their friends and family. Its good stuff :) 

We also had a super spiritual lesson with Ileana this week. She tried to cancel on us because she was sick and didn't want to get us sick. We made her cookies and came over anyway :) She wants so badly to be baptized but Andrei is not budging on marriage. We told her only God can tell her specifically what to do for her situation but she has to be willing to do what he says. We talked about 1 Nephi 3:7 with her, 
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Hiking overlooking the mountains!
and talked about how God will help her do whatever he wants her to do; even if that's moving out. On Sunday, the Elder's investigator, Bianca, received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and was confirmed a member of the church. Ileana was crying afterwards. We asked her about it and she said that she just wants that so badly. She can have it, she might just have to fight for it. 

Other fun things: 

Ropes course!
We did a rope course with a member and her friend, that is interested in learning about the gospel.  It was a ton of fun but we were really sore the next day. ha-ha

Selfie with Alexandra Miron and the Elders
I had to play the piano for the baptism and it didn't go so well...So Alexandra Miron (a member that I love dearly), tried to rescue me and play the closing hymn, but that didn't go too well either. ha-ha At least we failed together! 

We had a super good impromptu to lesson with Vali this Saturday. We talked about prophets and about Joseph Smith. It was really great! The spirit was super strong. 

Selfie with the cross!




















Sora Roberts got an MRI this week and kinda died afterwards (poor thing!) 

and we made lots of yummy food :) (like homemade chicken nuggets, biscuits and gravy, and chicken tacos) 

AND today we went to Busteni and hiked to a cross that is a World War I memorial and is huge! It was a ton of fun! 

I think that's about everything! I can't believe this is my last week...craziness! Wish me luck! Have a great week! Love you guys! 
Love,

 Sora Vann  


At the cross !!

No comments:

Post a Comment