Monday, December 19, 2016

5 Days till Christmas

Our attempt at a Selfie in the snow.
This week I had to give a talk in church. I wasn't too excited about because I don't even like giving talks in english at home; let alone in Romanian. But I got a lot of help from people and it actually went really well :) I talked about reading the scriptures. When I was half way done writing out my talk in Romanian, I had a member who knows english, correct it for me. Some sections she would just add a couple of words or something here and there, and then some sections she would be like - I'm just going to rewrite this sections...oh well haha I'm still learning. The second half I had our investigator Teo correct and I think she went a little easier on me or something, because she didn't rewrite any sections completely. Teo also came and supported me at church when I gave the talk! Every time I would look up, I'd see her smiling face :) So that was awesome. 
Our Ward Christmas Tree

We were super excited to teach Vanessa about the restoration this week and she was excited too. But her finals and school got in the way and we weren't able to teach her about it before she went home BUT we were able to give her a Book of Mormon :) We kept pushing back when we were going to meet and then eventually she said I'll see you after the break. Then we told her that Sora Dusenberry will probably be gone by then. She got so sad! She started crying. So we decided to make it a priority to go see her right then. It made her day and she was so happy about the Book of Mormon! We ended up missing almost all of English class on Saturday but the Elders saved us and took our class for us. Totally worth it though :) 

Other things:

We got utterly lost going to one member's house this week. We walked around for about an hour in the cold trying to find it and finally did! The member felt really bad for us.

We gave a friend we made at the Christmas Targ, some sugar cookies we made and it made her day! She was so happy! 

We also surprised visited a lot of members this week, who every time turns out, they really needed it :)

That's pretty much it for this week! Next week is going to be craziness with Christmas and such! Have a great Christmas everyone! :) I love you all! 
Love Sora Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment