Monday, October 17, 2016

How Many Sister Missionaries Can You Fit Under One Umbrella?

Sora Padgett, Me and Sora DJB - Greatest trio!!
I am in a trio now!  My companions are Sora Padgett and Sora DJB (Her last name is long so this is her nickname).  We took this picture this morning before heading out. 

View of the Chapel from our apartment





It has rained a lot here! Which is ironic since it pretty much rained my whole first week in Brasov as well! The answer to how many sister missionaries you can fit under an umbrella is 2 1/2 by the way haha. 



View of Bucuresti from our apartment


Anyway I'm loving life in Bucuresti! Its obviously a lot bigger than Brasov and I haven't quite gotten used to that yet, but I'm loving it! I met a lot of super cool people this week but I'll just mention one of them for right now. We have a couple from Iraq that we meet with and the wife makes super good food! They are super sweet and we love going over there and talking with them. I have lots of random little funny stories from this week! So here we go!

Us waiting for the Maxi Taxi that never came.

First one, we ended going to this Jewish messianic church service by accident this week with one of our investigators. It was super interesting and cool to be there, but afterwards they tried to start bible bashing with us,  so we peaced out. 

Second, we visited a super great member who lives a little outside of Bucuresti, so we had to take a maxi taxi. We had super amazing spaghetti at her house and a good lesson about the plan of salvation. We ended up leaving a little late....we missed the last maxi taxi back into the city so we ended up taking a random bus and just hoped we made it back to our side of town. We lucked out and were able to get home safe and sound :) 
Our feet waiting for the Maxi Taxi 

For those of you have seen the tv show Once Upon A Time and know who Mr. Gold is, we basically met someone who is him in real life! It',s crazy! We are teaching his girlfriend 30/30s with the violin (half the time we are teaching violin and the half is about our church). Sora Padgett is the one teaching her violin so Sora DJB and I got to talk to him for a while. Afterwards, when I said that he reminded me of Mr. Gold, Sora DJB about died! He is quite interested in learning about our church though, and so the Elders are going to be teaching him :) 
An eclair from a pastry shop we went to with a friend.

We went and visited a less active member and the whole time we were there she just kept telling me how cute and little I was and patting my face and such. She is this adorable little old lady who lives alone, so it was nice to be able to visit with her. 

6 Months !
Also exciting stuff! This past Sunday was my 6 months mark on my mission! Craziness! I can't believe I'm already a third of the way done! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here in Romanian, serving these people and the Lord. I've already changed so much for the better and I know I will continue to change :) I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people I've been able to meet this far. Its been an amazing 6 months and I'm so glad I still have another year :)  I also got to bear my testimony this Sunday since I'm new in this branch :) Speaking of this branch, they are amazing! I love them all so much already! I can't wait to get to know them all better :) 
                                                       
Anyway, sorry this email was all over the place.  I hope you all have a great week! 
Enjoy the pictures :) 
I love you all!
Love 
Sora Vann 


No comments:

Post a Comment