Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween

Halloween Party
So they don't really celebrate Halloween here, but that's okay! We did have an awesome Halloween party on Saturday though! Sora Majeran (A senior couple sister) put together the whole thing for us! She is amazing! She came up with a ton of fun games for all of the kids. The members also brought a ton of food; which of course, was all super yummy! The adults basically just had a dance party. We got to listen to some Taylor Swift, One Direction, and Spice Girls; to name a few. ha-ha. Our young women also taught us a traditional Hungarian dance so that was fun :) Sora Padgett and I did the three-legged race they had, and almost won! I also took lots of pictures. :) 

Halloween Party

Back to earlier in the week now! On Monday night, we went over to a recent convert's house for dinner! They are the sweetest little family. I love them so much! Sora Dumitrescu makes such good food, and makes a ton of it! So we left their house super full. After dinner, before we could share our spiritual thought, Fratal Dumitrescu started giving us a mini history lesson about Romania. It was all super interesting but I was really tired. Sora Dumitrescu saw me yawn and said to her husband "Lasa copii George!" Which means something like - leave them alone. Ha-ha!  Sora Dumitrescu is so cute! 
Halloween Party

Sora Padgett and I had to try to get around the city this week without Sora DJB to guide us. We fared pretty well, but we did get super lost one time this week. We were trying to find the apartment block of a member we were going to visit. I swear we walked around for like 30-45 minutes in the rain; just walking in circles trying to find the right block. I was getting pretty frustrated and said a little prayer in my heart that we would be able to find it. We did eventually find it after stopping and asking a taxi driver. We were only a half an hour late.....we felt so bad! But I now will never forget how to get to her house! (To be fair that was only my second time going to visit her).

Other funny story of the week; we were at a less-active's house and I asked if I could use her bathroom. The word for bathroom is "baie".  Well, she heard "paie" which is the word for straws. So she looked at me a little strange, said sure, and then got up and went into the kitchen. Realizing she must have not heard me correctly, I went into the kitchen and explained that she must have heard me wrong; I asked if I could use the bathroom. She thought it was so funny and laughed about it for like 5 minutes. 

Halloween Party
We also taught the lesson in Relief Society this week. It went well, no funny story there but I did want to share a quote with you guys that we shared in our lesson :) This is from President Uchtdorf's talk in Women's Conference. 

God “rewards those who earnestly seek him,” but that reward is not usually behind the first door. So we need to keep knocking. Sisters, don’t give up. Seek God with all your heart. Exercise faith. Walk in righteousness. I promise that if you will do this—even until the fourth floor, last door—you will receive the answers you seek. You will find faith. And one day you will be filled with light that grows “brighter and brighter until the perfect day.”
I know this is so true! Answers and blessing don't always come right away but if we keep trying and keep going with faith and trust in the Lord our lives will be amazing :)
That's everything for this week :) I love you guys! Hope you have a great week :) Heres a link to the rest of the talk for those who want to read it :) 
Halloween Party





Love,
Sora Vann

No comments:

Post a Comment