Monday, February 27, 2017

Fried Chicken and Spiritual promptings

So many things to write about this week! First off, the most important thing is Teo set a date for baptism! May 18th :) (also Teo found my blog so- Hi Teo! :) (Yes, I'm talking about you again! haha) We are so excited for her! And she caught up to me in the Book of Mormon! The Thai food was super yummy :) 

We barely had any money left this month, #lowbudgetsquad
On Wednesday, Sora Gleason and I decided to make fried chicken and gravy to go with our biscuits we had made :) It wasn't the best I've had, but it still tasted pretty good and more important, like home! As we were finishing eating, Sora Gleason just randomly says, " I think we should take our leftovers to Sora Smurducan." (a less active member). It was a little strange, but we decided to anyway and we were so glad we did! Sora Smurducan really appreciated it, and it helped her feel loved :) She is a very sweet lady who feels like she has been abandoned by the church. so we are now planning on doing plan "love Sora Smurducan"!  :) 

Trying to take a selfie in front of the church sign, didn't really work
I got controlled this week and found out in a very sad way that my bus pass was expired :(   I got kicked off the bus, (luckily my companion was able to get off as well) and had to pay a fine. It was bound to happen at least once on my mission. I'm going to try very hard to not let it happen again :P 

Sora's coconut she ate for breakfast
Sunday we went blocking knocking, and it was a great  experience! We started off by going back to someone who had said they were busy, but we could come back. He watched our video about Christ, and said he would be open to learning more. So yay! He also wants to come to English :) After that, we block knocked into a lady who wanted to have a bible debate with us. She would ask us a question like - "Who is greater God or Christ" or "Why did God send Christ to earth," we would answer and then she would tell us why we were wrong.....it was a great and interesting experience. ha ha. We also block knocked into this cute couple! At first they weren't interested in our video, but were interested in English class, so they invited us in! They fed us creepes/clatite and we talked with them for a while and found out that the husband had met with missionaries before and had a Book of Mormon! Super awesome, and they invited us back! 

Look what we found at the mall! A little piece of home :)
On our way home from block knocking, while waiting for our bus, there was a group of college students standing near us. One of them randomly said the word "YES" really loudly. I joked that I should go up and be like,  "I heard you speaking English!" Sora Gleason then dared me to do it, and I did! They did know English, and we ended up having a great conversation with them :) 
Group picture with the other sisters :)

I think that's pretty much everything! I hope you guys have a great week! I love you all! 
Love,






 Sora Vann


No comments:

Post a Comment