Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Saying Good-bye to Cluj!!

I don't even know where to start for this week, literally a million things happened!  

 Good-bye to Cluj
I guess first off, I am now in Oradea with Sora Gubar who is from the Ukraine. So that's super awesome. Oradea is in the very west of Romania near Hungary, so a lot of people speak Hungarian here. But it's beautiful! 

Saying Good-bye to Teo



We had two really great lessons with Teo this week. We cleared up the restoration for her (which yeah - I know is pretty important). We helped her understand the great apostasy better and why a restoration was needed. We also showed her the Book of Mormon app on her phone, so she can read anywhere she goes. In another lesson, we talked a lot about baptism. She wants to be baptized which is awesome, but she wants to know it's true first. I think she is so close to getting her answer. We told her to change how she is reading the Book of Mormon. I told her that when she reads, to pay close attention to when it talks or testifies about Christ. She really liked that idea :) Also it was really hard leaving her this week. I will miss her so much! But luckily Cluj is not that far from Oradea :)

My new companion - Sora Gubar
Sora Simmons and me at the park in Bucuresti
Sora Simmons and I found out Friday that Sora Gubar was flying in that night from Bucuresti and would be staying with us till Monday; when she and I would leave for Oradea. We were freaking out a little bit! We don't normally find out where we are going/who we will be with till Saturday morning, so we were not expecting that at all. We were in a fun trio for three days! haha. 

Other random things: 

On the plane to Bucuresti for the MLC with Sora Simmons
We went to MLC this week (it's a meeting for leadership in the mission where we get some training) and we flew down to Bucuresti on Tuesday. It was a ton of fun and it was nice to be back in Bucuresti; even if it was just for a day :) 

On Wednesday, we had pasta with our Italian friends :) It was super yummy of course and in return for pasta we made them chocolate chip cookies! 

My last Sunday with Elder Broberg (He is going home)
I said goodbye to Elder Broberg on Sunday, he is going home! I definitely cried haha 

Saying good-bye to Robert and Lidia
When we got to Oradea on Monday, we dropped my stuff off at our apartment and then went straight to the church for a baptism of a member's son. It was crazy because the whole thing, besides the actually baptism prayer, was done in two languages, Romanian and Hungarian. 

Anyway, I think that's everything! (I know it's not, but I can't think of more haha). But I love you guys -
have a great week! 
Love Sora Vann 

The Iepure Family (Branch President)

Saying good-bye to Simi Iepure (love that boy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment