Monday, January 2, 2017

A Monkey Stole my Name Tag




Monkey who stole my name tag!
Okay, it wasn't a real monkey but its still a good story. We found these cool/weird statues and one of them was a sock monkey. We decided to take pictures with them and when I hugged the monkey, I guess my name tag fell off. We didn't notice till we were all the way home; so we weren't sure where it fell off. Sora Dusenberry thought it might have fallen off in the giant shoe (one of the other statues). So we looked at the pictures and in the last one my name tag was missing. So we were able to go back there and find it! So happy! 
Found my Tag!

Another statue


 Also, we got an online referral of someone wanting a Book of Mormon. We called her and planned a time to go give it to her, and talk to her. Just as we were getting there a lady walked up, and it turned out to be her! It turns out that her mom had to go to the hospital and so she wasn't going to be able to meet with us that day. We just happened to arrive at the same time, so we were able to give her the Book of Mormon! She was so happy! We are going to go back this week and talk to her :) 

Today when we were taking a taxi back from the train station (because my new companion didn't have any bus tickets yet) we started talking to our taxi driver. It turns out that he had met the missionaries a year ago and they had given him a Book of Mormon. He said he hadn't had a chance to read it yet but that he had some questions. We exchanged numbers to meet up sometime and talk about his questions :) 
Cool bridge we found

Other funny/exciting things: 
While blocking knocking, one guy opened his door, looked at us for a second, and before we could say anything said "pa" (bye) and then closed the door. I was just laughed, it was so funny. 
Found this sign while block knocking
I ate liver this week, and it was actually pretty good.

 (I didn't know it was liver when I was eating it; thank goodness).
Herecleea, (one of our investigators) read and prayed about the Book of Mormon this week! She said she feels good about it and believes its true! :) But said that she wouldn't want to change her religion...so that was sad. But she's going to still keep reading :)

Oh yes! I almost forgot! I have a new companion now -Sora Gleason! I'll send pictures next week with her :) I love you guys! Have a great week! 
Love, 
Sora Vann


No comments:

Post a Comment